Saturday, February 11, 2012

Things I can't live without in the winter...

If you are like me, winter makes me practically fall apart. Literally. While I was working at the pharmacy last night, I realized what a mess I really was! I have been so busy with working two jobs, working out, and getting into this whole "aerobics" thing, that I have neglected to care for myself for a bit. I looked in the mirror, my lips were literally cracked open and bleeding, my face was a broken out mess, and my hands hurt to wash them and my knuckles were cracked open and bleeding as well. Not to mention, my hair was a dry flat mess. Luckily, I was in the perfect place to purchase some essential products that I knew would do the trick! Here is what I ended up with :
1) aquaphor Healing Ointment (or Rite Aid brand... Hydrating Healing Ointment) kinda greasy but this works wonders on my cracked hands!
2) Rite Aid Brand Renewal Medicated Acne Treatment. Apply right on the spot you need to disappear and it will definately work! it has 10% benzoyl peroxide in it which does the trick!
3) Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment. Apply in front of a mirror otherwise you look like you just ate a powdered donut!Helped my lips almost instantly!
4) Rite Aid Brand or any brand of a leave-in hair conditioner. Plus a volumizing hair spray to do the trick on my pancake flat hair.

One thing I learened from the amazingly intelligent pharmacists I have worked with over the years is to when your skin is dry... find something that has petreolatum or mineral oil listed as the first ingrediant versus water... which will just dry you out even more. Always check the back to see active ingrediants! :) Next year, I will be getting married in the dead of winter... and you better believe I will have all these products on hand! Happy Winter! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment