Sunday, June 2, 2013

BEACHBODY 21 DAY ULTIMATE RESET (starting in 1 week)

The Beachbody 21 day reset is a detox program that is described by the company as, "an  all-natural alternative to harsh 'cleanses' and starvation diets that returns your body to optimal health". I will state that I am a Beachbody Coach, but plan on being completely honest during this process!

In addition to DVD's to guide you through the entire process (a "How to Reset" Dvd, and a "Cooking Class" Dvd), the kit includes: 6 supplements- Detox, alkalinize, soothe, mineralize, optimize, and revitalize. A Participant Guidebook: includes your shopping list, recipes, meal plans, cooking tips, and all of the info you will need for the reset. A reset bracelet (a bracelet you will wear throughout the 21 days to remind you of your commitment). And a reset "caddy", a pouch for you to store your supplements in when traveling, going to work, school, etc. Last, you get extensive support from a Beachbody Coach (like myself) to support you during the process.

First, let me give you an idea of how my blog will work during the course of the reset, if you plan on following it to see how things are going. The blog will be broken into several sections:

SECTION 1:

Meals (I'll rate them according to personal taste opinion on a scale of 1-5. 1= nasty, 3= not bad, 5= pretty yummy) I will also rate each meal on a fulfillment satisfaction scale (how full the meal made me feel, 1-5, 1= still hungry, 3= somewhat satisfied, hungry soon after, 5= satisfied). I'll try to post pictures of each meal.

SECTION 2:

Thoughts/ Feelings- just a recap of how I feel/ and any thoughts or opinions I feel like sharing. I will also make sure to include what my energy feels like.

SECTION 3:

How I got through the day: Here, I will list a few things that were helpful for me to get through the day. Examples may include: listening to music, reading a book, going for a walk, talking to my support partner, etc.

SECTION 4:

Progress/ Things I have learned- this is where I will report my progress, whether it is, feeling like I am starting to create more healthy habits, or what I am learning during this process.
At the end of each phase (each week), I will post my progress (weight loss, inches lost etc)... I have yet to decide if I will wait until the end of week 3 for the results....

TODAY: I was able to get some of the groceries needed for the reset. My actual "Kit" has not arrived yet, but I downloaded the shopping list for phase one here: http://motiv8fitness.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/PhaseOne_ShoppingList.pdf

I purchased the kit last Thursday, and decided to purchase the "Dual" program and do the reset with a friend. We have set up a private Facebook group (for just the two of us), so we can motivate each other during the process. Our tentative start date is Monday June 10, 2013.

I'll be honest, finding some of the groceries today was a patience tester. Luckily, I live near a Wegmans. I did not purchase any of the produce (fruits veggies, or meats) today. I only purchased the condiments, the spices/ seasonings, and the grains. Many of the items listed I had at home (cinnamon, pepper, coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil), but many items I did not have. The clerk in the organic section at Wegmans was like a magical wizard, finding the items within seconds. I felt like I was on a game show where we were being timed. There is no WAY I would have found them without her! (Especially the pesky Pinenuts that were on a very high shelf and not labeled), and the millet, which is only sold in the bulk foods in a dispenser (I ALMOST accidently purchased millet flour versus the cereal- type). OPPS! Anyways, I HIGHLY recommend finding a knowledgeable clerk that can help you. My bill was $97... now don't fear, this was for the staple items that I will use throughout the course of the reset. Next weekend, I will have to get the produce (which I can get hopefully at Aldi- which should be much cheaper).




No comments:

Post a Comment