Monday, June 10, 2013

Day 1 Beachbody Ultimate Reset

Well, Day 1 has come and gone, and I am more than half-way through Day 2. I am surviving, and feeling good. I am not starving… however, Day 1 ---I did make some mistakes… and some big "NO's" for the reset.

I was pre-registered for a 5K race on my Ultimate Reset start day. I
did not want to give up running in this since it was for my nephew's
graduating class. I decided I would run (since it was in the morning),
and my reset was barely started. This is a big "no-no" according to
the directions in the reset kit. ABSOLUTELY NO strenuous exercise is
allowed during the 21 days… however, I figured I can't really avoid it
because I teach fitness classes at the Y. I had pre-determined I would
modify my moves in class and do things a little "lighter" than normal.
Instead of using 10 lb weights, I would use 3 or 5. Running a 5K was
supposed to be out of the question. My rational was, I had only JUST
started the reset, only had take 2 supplements earlier that morning,
and eaten my first meal (more about the meals below)

I decided to run, and felt just fine. Another "mistake" I made was
having dinner entirely too late in the day. I was out on a boat with
my husband and his family. I had packed an apple and my water. When on
a boat with 6 other people, you can't exactly determine when you get
off the boat.

I didn't get home until 7:30 or so, and I was just STARVING on the
ride home and had a handful of yogurt raisins that were left in my car
from the day before. Another big "no-no". You can have snacks on the
reset but yogurt raisins are not one of them. The apple actually
should have been my snack, but it just didn't do the trick.

Oh, and I forgot to mention… the mineralize supplement is apparently
suppose to be mixed in a gallon of water and drank throughout the day
(and especially 30 mins before each meal)… well for breakfast I mixed
it in 12 ounces of water, and chocked it down (it is really salty
unless mixed in a large quantity of water. So I had my entire days
amount of mineralize all in one setting.

My last BIG mistake: taking Ibuprofen. The purpose of the reset is to
rid your body of un-natural chemicals, and I ended up putting a
chemical in my body. However, I had developed a headache prior to the
boat outing, and thought if I didn't take it, the headache would just
get worse and I might lose my lunch on the boat.

So, in a nut shell- day 1 was not perfect, but I survived, I took the
supplements as directed, and also the meals.

Section 1: MEALS: Breakfast: 2 eggs, 1 slice of whole wheat toast, and
lemon seasoned steamed kale with pine nuts. Taste=3 (would have been a
4 or 5 if it weren't for the kale). I am going to use spinach next
time this breakfast comes up. Satisfaction scale= 4 (I was fine and
satisfied until lunch). Lunch: Microgreen Salad with homemade creamy
garlic dressing, and miso soup. Taste (salad)= 4 (I think I put too
much garlic in the dressing), but other than that it was a great
salad. Taste (soup)= 1 (I won't make it again, I can't stomach eating
the seaweed). Satisfaction= 3 ( I was really hungry up until dinner).
Dinner: Baby red potatoes, seasoned baked chicken, and asparagus.
Taste=5. My favorite meal today! The reset actually called for salmon,
but I substituted for chicken. Satisfaction= 5, I was fine until
bedtime (besides craving a dessert/ something sweet)


Section 2: Thoughts/ feelings: Besides being a bit angry at myself for
making some mistakes, I felt great. Physically- if it weren’t for the
minor headache that I feared getting worse, I felt fine… energy level
was great, and my mood was great. I got extremely tired around 9:30pm
(earlier than normal), and ended up going to bed. This morning, I
still felt tired, and have felt tired throughout day 2 (more about
that in the Day 2 blog). I feel almost like I took a Benadryl last
night and it hasn't worn off.

* There is a supplement you take before dinner called: Alkanize. I
read (on the facebook support group) about the nasty taste. I had read
some tips for drinking it, and took this advice: Mix it with the least
amount of water, stir until smooth… add a dash of cinnamon to it, and
take it like a shot, followed by sucking a lemon. Well, I couldn't
take it down all in one swallow, I had about 3 shots in my cup…. And
convincing myself to continue to drink it was really hard (it tasted
like pure dirt). But I survived, the lemon came to my rescue at the
end!


Section 3: How I got through the day: Well, I purposely started this
on a Sunday, so I would be less stressed. It was helpful to have my
husband around during the day to talk to and do things with. The
boating trip was helpful because it was relaxing, minus the staying
out there past dinner time. After dinner, I felt good and asked to go
for a bike ride around the lake (a leisurely bike ride)… which is
permitted while doing the UR. It was helpful to get the fresh air
before bedtime (Especially since I smoked the house up cooking my
dinner).

Section 4: Progress/ Things I have learned: Follow the directions….
Just so that you don't feel like you are cheating right off the bat. I
also learned that, this isn't going to be too bad… and I think I can
do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment