Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Day 3 Beachbody Ultimate Reset

Today, I actually feel quite good... minus the cat literally going nuts last night and keeping me up ALL night long (scratching and biting my feet)- we have no door on our bedroom. I feel the best so far out of all three days. I took the day from work though due to the cat keeping me up, and just had been run down in general prior to the reset, and have not had a day off in a long time.

Section 1: Meals:

Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled, 1 slice of wheat toast (I was suppose to have the kale again, but it mentioned you can substitute it for spinach, and I did- in fact, I cooked the spinach right in to my eggs and added a few slices of red bell pepper, and onion). MUCH better than the first day! Taste=5. Satisfaction=5.

Lunch: Quinoa Salad & Half of a Sweet Potato. Taste= 4. Satisfaction=4.
Snack: (I added this in because I still have to teach my aerobics class tonight)... Green Apple & Almond Butter. Taste=5. Satisfaction=5.

Dinner: (Same as last night) You will see in the UR book- there is a crunch option and there are certain meals you can repeat, this is one of them... I don't think I am suppose to put it in a shell tonight, but I am going to because I need the extra calories due to teaching classes.
Taste=5. Satisfaction=4.


Section 2:

Thoughts/ Feelings: Well, maybe it is because I have been a home all day, but I feel great. I think the caffeine with drawl is finally gone. I just miss having the coffee as a part of my morning routine & the taste... but THANK god the headaches are gone! Did I mention yesterday that Alkalinize (which is a packet of green powder that you shake in water) is absolutely dreadful. The first two days weren't so bad. The first day, it tasted like dirt. Tonight for some reason, it tasted like sour milk. I had read other people post about the best way to take it... so I mixed it in the minimum amount of water (two ounces), added a sprinkle of cinnamon, took it like a shot, and chased it with sucking on a lemon and chugging water. Also, throughout the reset, you can only drink DISTILLED water... I have been drinking almost a gallon per day (which is recommended)! Talk about peeing, LITERALLY all day long. But... unlike other cleanses, I am not having any problem with the other (having to run to the bathroom for other reasons). I am happy with the first week so far, but reading ahead, a little nervous about the last two weeks. The last two weeks there is no meat, or grains... and I am scared about feeling "full" on pure veggies, fruits, and legumes. It will be interesting.

Section 3:

How I got through the day: Relaxing... FINALLY! And even though exercise is not recommended, it is the only thing that really gave me some energy. Please do the reset according to how it is recommended for optimal results (I am obviously altering it for my life--- slightly)!

Section 4:

What I have learned / Progress: There is something empowering about being able to commit to a healthy program. I am taking in the actual PROCESS of the cleanse, focusing on what it is doing on the inside for me... and feeling happy about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment