Monday, April 8, 2013

Monday Morning Motivation

 
Well, you can guess what day of the week it is by my title.  I usually dread Monday's, as the start of the work week. I recognized something new today though… productive/ healthy weekends= happy Monday's. I love a clean house!
 
The weekend went pretty smooth (with the exception of Friday Night)- going out for dinner, and grabbing a few drinks with friends. If you refer back to my prior posts though, I have stopped letting those bad meals/ days get to me. I am not allowing them to ruin my main goal. Saturday went well as I tried out the new boot camp class I will be teaching, and I am pretty certain it is going to be a success, as I was super sore on Sunday.
 
Saturday night, I wrote a post about starting a new plan from the Fitness RX magazine. That started yesterday. I did the 21 minute circuit. That felt pretty good, the hardest part were the push-ups. Today will be all legs in the gym. I am going to pair it with a 4 mile run at some point.
 
I felt great after eating well all day Sunday. Meals consisted of:
Breakfast: Shakeology
Lunch: Egg whites, Ezekiel toast, turkey bacon.
Snack: Almonds (100 calorie pack)
Dinner: Caliuflower pizza, loaded with veggies, fat free cheese. Orange Julius (Blueberry slim for life green tea, ice, frozen mango (50 calories), 1/2 banana, and splash of lite orange juice) blend.
 
Snack: 50 calorie vita muffin/ peanut butter, and sleepy time tea.
 
Back to check-in after my lunch "lift" routine. I ended up combining 2 days into one. I know that is probably not ideal, but it is the only way it will work for my schedule. I don't think I can get to the gym more than twice in a week during lunch time. So today was a lot of Leg's, and delts/ shoulders. There were three leg exercises I determined I can do at home (Barbell squat, deadlift, and one-leg squat). I have a barbell at home, so this shouldn't be a problem. I also need to complete 2 more sets of the seated side lateral, and frontal raise, and will also need to do the rear delt raise at home. I was a little short on time, after fumbling with the equipment on the first day. Next week, it should be much more time-efficient!
 
I have about 20 minutes of lifting to do at home, and am still hoping to squeeze in my 4 mile run (it is beautiful out, so maybe outdoors)??? We'll see!
 
Meals for today:
Breakfast: Shakeology
Snack: Rice Cake/ Almonds
Lunch: High Fiber Oatmeal, Ezekiel toast 1/2 banana
Snack: (post gym) apple
Snack: pre-dinner orange
Dinner: Egg Whites, Orange Julius, turkey bacon, Ezekiel toast
Run/ Finish lift
Before Bed: Sleepy Time tea/ chocolate vita cake & pb

No comments:

Post a Comment