Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Time flies....

Ah! It has been almost a week and a half since I have posted in here! I can NOT believe how busy I have been! Boot Camp has been going great, not only do I love getting through the class myself, the participants are just full of energy, and it’s amazing to see the dedication! It really is about THEM, not me! But a secondary gain- I am getting a pretty darn good workout myself! I can’t believe I have actually gotten out of bed two weeks in a row (on a Monday, no less) at 4:30am to teach Boot Camp at 5:40am! This is totally not something I am used to! My workout schedule has continued to be the same- teaching 5 classes per week (2 days of Kick and Pump, 1 night of PiYo Strength, and 2 days of Boot Camp).  I cycle for about 15 minutes before each Kick and Pump class as a little something extra, this Sunday I ran a 5K (and finished with my WORST time every: 28:59) Yikes! But I have to say, I am a bit sore from boot camp! I do get on the treadmill occasionally, and continue with a strength training régime.

I really try not to go past 2 hours per day of working out, so on Thursday’s when I teach my 2 classes, that is it for me, I don’t do anything extra on those days! I do have to mix things up though because my body is so used to teaching the classes, even though I sweat, I hit plateaus quickly!

As a reminder, when I hit a plateau I always use FITT as a reminder to change things up:
F  requency (days per week I work out)

I  ntensity (if I am walking on the treadmill at 3.5, maybe I’ll go up to 4.5 for a few minutes)

T  ype/ Mode (I do so much Kick Boxing that when I am not teaching it, I do other things, jog, cycle, elliptical, etc).

T  ime (Increase the amount of time on the activity- bump up from 30 mins to 40 mins)

 

As far as goals: I can do more push-ups than I have been able to in a while- still not where I was last summer/ fall- but getting there. Eating has definitely been a lot better. And I am currently at 153.0 for my weight- so I have had a total loss of just over 4 lbs. Nothing crazy for almost 3 weeks- but it is within a healthy range of 1 Lb per week.

Stay tuned... One month progress pics are next week, May 3rd!

No comments:

Post a Comment