Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Week 2... Dreaded Before Pics

Week 2:
 
Morning!! I didn't check in over the weekend due to the holiday, being busy, and just life in general… but I'll fill you in.
 
Thursday evening (which was basically my Friday seeing I was off on Good Friday), I taught my two classes at the Y (Kick and Pump, and PiYo). I blogged earlier that day, stating I had a plan to deal with my long days of teaching back to back classes. Well, I didn't plan too well, and didn't have time to grab something healthy to eat before my two classes. I came home, and once again was STARVING!
 
My husband was home, and since it was our "Friday" we kind of wanted to just get out of the house. We made a plan to go to our local pub down the road, and I figured I could at least get a salad (and possibly one glass of wine) J Unfortunately, by the time we got to the pub, they were closing (which is odd, because usually they are open pretty late). So, we made the treck to Applebees which is about 10 minutes from our house. Chris wanted to share something with me, so instead of my plan for a salad, we shared a trio (unhealthy bite- sized temptations). I also ordered a "skinnybee margarita" which actually only has 100 calories, so I was happy with that decision. The trio came, and we munched away.
 
The next day, I remembered my plan… I wasn't going to let a bad meal screw up my next day or next meal, or week for that matter. I had the day off, and was going to make it a good day.
 
I started my day with a 20 minute ab / core workout from the Turbo Fire collection. I was determined to get some cardio in by the end of the day. My husband was fishing, so I had the house to myself. I got caught up on some of my favorite shows, did some laundry, and before I knew it, it was 8:30pm! I was completely stuck on watching "Fashion Star" which ends at 9pm. I decided to finish the show, and get the treadmill ready for a good late, run. That is EXACTLY what I did… and I had such an amazing run at 9pm. I ran 4.5 miles, 45 mins. I felt amazing. I took a nice hot shower, tried out some new organic sunless tanner that I had purchased at Wegmans (it is funny how when you start becoming more conscientious about what you are putting in your body, you also become more aware of what you put ON your body).
 
Saturday was a wonderful day as well. I started the morning off with a 1 hour cycling class with a friend, and a coffee/ chat date with her after. I ordered a strawberry / banana 1/2 scoop protein smoothie at wegmans. Later that day, we went to Erie, PA to the mall to get my wedding band fixed. Chris and I were craving some salads, so we went to Ruby Tuesday's for dinner. We both got the salad bar, and I also got spaghetti squash (and took more than 1/2 of it home)!
 
Sunday was quite the day (started off great as far as evening), but I kind of picked here and there at Jelly beans, chocolate, etc…. it was Easter.
 
Monday- another "okay" day. Started the day off great, but neither Chris or myself felt like cooking a meal for dinner. I picked up a rotisserie chicken (not entirely bad), some red potatoes (not so bad), and garlic bread sticks (okay, THOSE are bad)!
 
Tuesday (yesterday) always seems to be great days, since I know I have to teach class later. Started the day off with my Shakeology, had a healthy lunch, and taught class. After class, I was motivated for a short run with one of my co-workers. We ran for about 20 minutes on the treadmill at the Y. Dinner was probably one of my better dinners: Egg Whites with reduced fat cheese (scrambled), 3 slices of turkey bacon, a slice of Ezekiel toast, and a green tea smoothie.
 
Recipe for smoothie: Steep 1 bag of (I use the Yogi brand blueberry slim for life green tea) in mug of hot water for 4-5 minutes. In blender, add: frozen mango (I get 100 % mango purree frozen bars, I use 1/2 the bar), 1/2 banana, ICE, 1/2 or 3-4 oz of reduced sugar vanilla yogurt, a splash of Trop 50 orange juice. Add tea water, and blend until smooth.
 
Today was weigh in!!! Current weight: 154.4. Loss of 3 lbs!
 
Tonight, I am taking a "before" picture (dreading this), but I know it is worth it, and helps me stay accountable! I am going to start teaching a 6 week boot camp class at the Y, and my new re-commitment, combined with that, I can not wait to see the results!
 
Don't forget to take some sort of "before" picture, even if it is for your own record

No comments:

Post a Comment